Tuesday 24 March 2009

25/03/09

The Black Death in Sources
Another Revision Lesson - Wow you lot should do well on your assessment next lesson!
Aim: I can understand what I need to include in my assessment and how to achieve my target grade.

STARTER: Complete these sentences
1)Many people thought the plague was caused by………
2) The real cause of the plague was…..
3) One symptom of the black death is…
TASK 1: Answer the following Questions

1) What symptom of the plague can you see here? (use a keyword!)


2) What does this source tell you about what people thought caused the plague?



3) What does this source tell you about what we now know about what caused the plague?



4) Name two reasons this peasant was angry after the Black Death?




5) Look the sources below. Which do you think is most useful for finding out about the Black Death? Explain why.
Source A
Source B











Source C












EXTENSION
What does this depend on?
Your own knowledge?
What question you are asking? –cause, symptom, what people believed at the time?

6) Can you list some negative consequences of the Black Death?
7)Can you list some positive consequences of the Black Death?
CHECK YOUR LEVELS
Level 3:
•I can give one symptom of the Black Death
•I can describe a source
•I can describe a cause and consequence of the Black Death
Level 4:
•I know some symptoms of the Black Death
•I can describe several examples of what peasant’s thought caused the Black Death
•I can give examples of things that have changed or stayed the same because of the Black Death
•I can give some links between causes and consequences of the Black Death
Level 5:
•I can explain what actually caused the Black Death
•I can explain the consequences of the Black Death
•I can give reasons why some sources may be more useful than others
•I can compare one source to another
Level 6
•I can demonstrate understanding of different interpretations of the Black Death and give reasons for this
•I can explain why one source may be more useful than another
•I can categorise causes and consequences

No comments:

Post a Comment